Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Ashley Woods x 3A Membership Pack!!

3A Membership Pack

oh, boy. I along with a bunch of mecha heads crazy about Ashley Wood have been waiting for what seemed like forever to get our 3A Membership pack which includes the all important membership card, the obligatory T-Shirt and most importantly, the very first 1/12 scale Bramblebot. I've been quivering with excitement at the prospect of a 1/12 version Ashley Wood anything. The 1/6 stuff is all very cool, but it's not like you can put them on your desk. Ya kinda have to put them on a pedastal or something cause they are big. Ashley's latest mech is ever BIGGER! I'm all for big robots, but I still love the desktop action.

Anyhoooo....so I busted this bad boy out and have a mini review. First the bad: Some joints like the elbows are very stiff which is good. Some joints like the fingers and knees are not as stiff. 50 points of articulation are cool only if all the joints are stiff and can pose and stick properly. Otherwise, were looking at Raggedy Andy here. The bullets are cool, but a bit soft so hard to get them to stick in the holes securely. I found them coming out quite easily. A note on belt-fed bullets: See the toy Monev the Gale from Trigun for the best example of how it should be done. But my biggest gripe of all is the top handle for the Gattling Gun. I literally was trying to get the Bramblebot into the very first pose for a shot and the thing falls off. When I went to examine it, I don't think it's possible to find a smaller, more flimsy pin to attach the handle to the gun. Therefore the shots with him holding the barrel, which in reality is ridiculous because they rotate. Bad, bad, bad. Me not happy.

On to the good...and there's lots of it. The paint application is beautiful, detailed, wonderful. It sort of matches the first Bertie which is ok, but I'm always down for a darker, more sinister colorway. Maybe next time. The packs although not terribly secure on those little hooks are cool and hyper-detailed. The Gattling Gun is one of the main reasons I bought this toy. Just the best weapon ever. Lots of great details and articulation. But the smaller size is what makes this portable World War Robot tops for me. I love the scale and look forward to more Ashley Woods toys in this scale and lower price point. Sign me up for the next one. I don't even care what it is!!

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

3A Membership Pack

9 comments:

Newton Gimmick said...

Wow, that's cool.

daedalusennui said...

Lower price point? The figure was a free extra that came with the membership.

toybot studios said...

Ennui, you can say that, but I wouldn't have purchased the membership if the figure didn't come with it. Would you pay $150 for a membership card, T-Shirt and 15% discount? Probably not. How much will the portables cost by themselves? more than $150? I doubt it.

Unknown said...

My boyfriend wants to get the membership. Can anyone help me on how he could get it? Thanks

toybot studios said...

I believe membership for this year is closed. He will have to try again next year.

Unknown said...

Thank you Toybot :). If is not too much trouble would you give me some info on how he can sign up for next year? Like a date when he can sign up and where does he needs to go in either for him to do it.

toybot studios said...

Tina, if your bf is interested in 3A, he should know about the 3A production blog here: http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/

New memberships will go up in January 2011. Tell him to keep an eye out and read the blog as there are always new toys being released.

Unknown said...

Hi Toybot, thanks for the info. That would help out a lot. I will tell him to keep an eye out for it. Once again thanks for all your help :).

print membership cards said...

Membership cards are a great way to advertise to the public and they remind people of their memberships.

Related Posts with Thumbnails